Code for America just moved into a new space, and we’re working to make it our home away from home (we spend a lot of hours here). There are some things we need to get up and running in the new space, and we also know that we don’t have much time or resources to make that happen. We have 26 fellows, 10 staff, and 19,429 local governments that need attending to. That’s why we’re asking for your help. If you or your company has any office supplies on hand and are looking to help a worthy cause, please consider donating to Code for America. A starter list of what we’ll need is below, but if there’s something you have you think we could use — a ping pong table? an old Atari? — don’t hesitate to let us know.
- Monitors, keyboards, and power cords. With a dynamic space and a month of traveling, we’re expecting everyone will be carrying around their laptops, but it’d be good to have a way for everyone to sit down with a monitor and keyboard and get some work done. If you have lots, a couple, or even just one to spare, do let us know; we’d love to have 36 sets.
- Hardware, software and web services. We spend a lot of time on the computer and used a variety of tools that are necessary for us to fulfill our mission. Donations of the following are always welcome: laptops, mobile devices, cameras, design software, GIS software, cloud services, web hosting services, etc.
- LCD Projector, Screen. Education is a big part of our Fellowship program. We’ll be bringing in technology and government leaders to speak and present to our Fellows throughout the year. If you have either an LCD Projector or screen (or both!) contact us.
- Copier, scanner, printer. Sometimes we do actually need paper. It can be an all-in-one, or individual machines.
- Couches, lounge chairs. We’ll have a welcome area, as well as a lounge in either of the spaces we’re considering. We can mix and match, so if you have any spare couches or lounge chairs please let us know.
- Desk phones, speaker phones. We’ll have a conference room and will require one high-quality speaker phone; we also will need 10-12 desk phones.
- Cafe tables and chairs. We’ll need some number of tables and chairs in our kitchen area or lounge; matching would be nice but if you have any please let us know.
- Bean bag chairs. Why not, everyone loves bean bag chairs!
Please contact us at email@example.com if you think you might be able to help us get our space well outfitted in 2012.