A government focused on delivery is a government that empowers its people to deliver. Empowerment comes in many forms: providing modern tools, enabling decision-making by individuals and teams, trusting employees over creating layers of validation, and staffing teams with policy and implementation at the same table. Build the belief that better is possible, a mindset of curiosity, and the support structures that will get you and your team there.
- Teams include mixed disciplines, particularly implementation and policy expertise.
- Teams communicate openly, and work together regularly.
- People throughout the organization feel ownership over their portion of the work and are empowered to make decisions.
- Skills and capabilities are grown at various levels to meet the organization’s needs.
- Job descriptions are written by the community of people performing that job.
- Hiring and recruiting processes are streamlined to be rapid, and are a good experience for potential candidates.