WASHINGTON, D.C. – Code for America today announced that its 2020 Summit will be held in the Washington, D.C. area for the first time and will celebrate 10 Years of Designing Better Government.
Date: March 11 – 13, 2020
Location: Crystal Gateway Marriott, Arlington, VA
The event brings together public servants, technologists, designers, advocates and policymakers to bring to life the vision of government that works as it should for all Americans.
Historically held in the Bay Area, this will be the first Code for America Summit to be held near the nation’s capital. Past Summits have attracted attendees from hundreds of federal agencies, state and local governments, and innovation units in government including the United States Digital Service, 18F, the San Francisco Digital Service and Digital Services Georgia.
Code for America also has opened a Call for Submissions for sessions. Proposals will be accepted now through midnight on October 16, 2019 and should fit into one or more of four major areas:
- Design and Delivery – how cross-functional teams design and deliver government services.
- Civic Innovation and Data – where government and technology come together for a more just and equitable society.
- Operations and Management – how the processes and practices of government are adapting to support the opportunities of the digital age, including procurement, hiring, security and compliance.
- Technology and Policy – introducing the principles of delivery-driven policy, where the disciplines of service delivery through technology and policy work together for better outcomes.
Submissions are welcome from any and all who work in government technology, service delivery, program management and civic innovation. Please visit https://codeforamerica.org/summit for submission guidelines and tips regarding proposals.
Code for America also announced the first three confirmed speakers for the event:
- Dr. Carla Hayden, 14th Librarian of the Library of Congress,
- Greg Fischer, Mayor of the City of Louisville, KY, and
- Paul Ford, the CEO of Postlight, an interdisciplinary team of creative technologists working together to build great digital platforms
Additional speakers will be announced in the coming weeks and months.
The annual Code for America Summit is where newcomers and seasoned civic technology trailblazers come together to innovate for a better government that works for everyone.
About Code for America
Code for America makes government work for the people, and by the people, in the digital age, starting with the people who need it most. We build effective, easy-to-use digital services that improve government systems, and we help others do the same across all levels of government. We organize thousands of active volunteers across more than 80 chapters nationwide to improve government in their local communities. Our goal: a 21st century government that effectively and equitably serves all Americans. Learn more at codeforamerica.org.