One of the hardest things about our incredibly difficult decision to cancel our in-person Summit that was planned for this week was knowing how much work had been put into developing the incredible slate of content that would have been delivered via workshops, keynotes, breakout sessions, and lightning talks. And while we’re no longer holding an event, we’re working hard to find ways to make those learning opportunities available to our community.
This week, we hosted our first virtual Summit event as an online webinar on getting to a successful and healthy remote working culture. It’s never been a more important time to get remote, distributed work right, so we put together a roundtable discussion with some experts in the field from 18F, the U.S. Digital Service, Nava Public Benefit Corporation, and Truss. They shared their knowledge and some best practices across various topics, including:
- Productive meeting practices
- Effective management from afar
- Collaboration and collaborative tools
- Keeping diversity, equity, and inclusion centered
- Staying healthy, setting boundaries, and preventing burnout
You can watch the whole conversation in the video below. And be sure to keep an eye on our events page for more virtual Summit content!
Resources referenced in this webinar:
- Distributed Playbook from Truss
- Best Practices for Distributed Teams from 18F
- FedRAMP approvals for collaborative tools: Slack, Zoom, and Google G Suite
- How to Pull Off a Professional Video Call From Home from The Wirecutter
- Quickly Shifting to Distributed Teams in Government from CivicActions